2022 - May 2023 (Expected)George Mason University
Computer Science M.S
• Member of the Design Computing and eXtended Reality (DCXR) research group.
• Leading member and Secretary of the Computer Science Graduate Students Association (CSGSA).
2018 - 2021George Mason University
Computer Science B.S
Understanding User Experience of Online Education in Metaverse: A Systems PerspectiveGeorge Mason University
Ruizhi Cheng, Erdem Murat, Lap-Fai Yu, Songqing Chen, Bo Han
• Used Python and Jupyter Notebook to compute, visualize and analyze systems data.
• Gave a virtual-reality lecture to 23 Graduate students and later assisted a well-established researcher in using my platform for a speech to 35 students.
• Completed study with a total of 4 lectures in which qualitative user data & quantitative systems data have been recorded to document a detailed systems understanding of VR education and user experience through an academic paper.
Machine Learning Automation for Virtual Reality - Master’s ThesisGeorge Mason University
Developed a system to address a limitation in VR development research and proposed a solution that improves user experience through both qualitative and quantitative user data collected.
• Used procedural game difficulty design to generate various game levels to better understand and test the relationship between game parameters and user experience.
• Obtained IRB certificate for social and behavioral research and collected data from over 50 users playing my VR game.
Researcher, Lab MemberDesign Computing and eXtended Reality (DCXR) - George Mason University
• Advisor: Prof. Lap-Fai (Craig) Yu
• Through DCXR, I have led three academic research projects so far. They have primarily been in the field of VR but also include machine learning, game development & engineering, systems analysis, and sports research.
• As a member of the lab, I am able to:
- Receive mentorship from Prof. Yu.
- Collaborate with lab members.
- Access equipment required in research.
- Attend seminars, conferences, and related events.
Virtual Reality DirectorGlobal Co Lab Network
• Volunteer responsible for developing and maintaining virtual reality Hubs for the Global Co Lab to host conferences and present field work addressing a variety of social issues in a virtual setting.
• Instructor and mentor for three teams participating in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Metaverse Competition where contestants develop their own VR environments to present their field work and address to an SDG.
ReviewerIEEE VR 2023
Building in VR Camp InstructorCyber Bytes Foundation
• Volunteered and created a 5-day schedule with 7 hours of teaching material each day to teach virtual reality development to a classroom of 20 students.
• Worked with a team of teaching-assistants to effectively teach my class and keep a high-focus on the material.
• Integrated advice from the Mozilla Hubs team to further improve quality of teaching materials on Mozilla Hubs.